Saturday, June 04, 2005

911 - Again?


Me, just hours before the 911 call.....
Posted by Hello

Yep, we had to call 911 again, but this time for something different.

Thursday, June 2nd, we set out for Sedona and did a 2 1/2 hour hike / scramble up some area "Morning Glory" it was fun and then passed by the Mace. It looks a lot more menacing than in the pictures. We were all too tired to climb it and clearly that would be a primary Liem lead. Give me crack and crimpers over that sandstone sloopers.

Anyway, near Meteor Crater I started to feel ill, but didn't think too much of it. My stomach started to hurt and I thought it was last night's dinner. Yes, I know, Chad - Don't want to hear it.

Well, about the time we got partly through Painted Desert I started to loose my lunch. Yes, quite exciting isn't it?

We got down the road and into Gallup, NM and I asked to pull over to get something to drink. I bought the drink and then went back inside to go to the bathroom. First, I blacked out in the bathroom and again as I was about to leave. I remember looking up at the clerk and he asked, "Are you okay?" I said, "Yeah, I've just been sick and I'll be okay". I then proceeded to stumble out the gas station and asked the gang if we could stay the night. They agreed knowing full well that we were now way too far away to make a run for Denver the next morning.

Well, as Jean was driving around to get to a hotel I blacked out again and of course lost my drink all over myself. You get the idea. She pulled over at some chicken stand and asked to call 911. They said there was a phone outside. She tried it and it didn't work. She went back in and they said try again. Thank God I wasn't like dying or anything!!

Finally she went back in a little more peturbed, and got them to call 911. The whole gang from Gallup showed up and checked me out. I was fine. They said just dehydrated. I think it was a mix of bad food, altitude and dehydration, but I let Dr Jean take control.

Thanks Jean!! and thanks to the Gallup, NM Fire Dept. And yes, I did not want to go to the hospital, but now that I think about it there may have been some cutie candy stripers there. I must have really been sick to not have considered that until now. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home