Saturday, June 04, 2005

We're Back!


Day One - 14 hours into the drive and Liem is already climbing TeePees.
Posted by Hello

I thought this photo represented the whole trip. Here we were - deep into South Dakota. Liem's climbing the walls, Jean and Ken are cleaning the windows and I'm taking photos.

Thanks again for reading and letting us share our experience. We'll probably put together a cool DVD for the Dr Steve October party and put a ton of photos on the crackclimbing.com site and Liem's website. (www.lieminator.com)

Also, we took a boat load of photos of the Durrance route and plan to put together a kick-ass beta report from the scramble to each belay stations and what to avoid or how to get out of the final rope caught crunch. So, once complete we'll put it on the crackclimbing.com website and feel free to print and enjoy. It is a route you must do. Although, I would recommend having Liem climb the 2nd and 3rd pitch for you. :) That dude is a monster!

Also, he onsited Super Crack on lead!!

So, although we didn't get to do the Flat Irons we did virtually the entire pre-itinerary and had a blast. We covered nearly 5k miles and 15 states and 3 time zones. I vow to stay away from Mc Donalds for at least a month and man I am dying for a real pizza. Zion National Park was just too cheezy, yes, even for me.

I hope all went well in Seneca and look forward to hearing the stories and checking out the photos. Meadows are you still camped out at the Red? Give me a couple weeks to recoup.

Lastly, I want to thank Ken not only for the use of the van, but he put up with a lot of our crap and especially with helping us to get off the tower. I think I would have freaked even more had he not been down there to call the ranger for us and to then have the lights at the end of the tunnel so we could see the path to hike down.

As the Lieminator would say, "We've got options!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home